Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ranty Pants

Warning: Mass rant and a half below
 
I've only just got back into the retail world and getting use to the whole 'serving customers' thang again.
I must admit 90% of customers are great grand thankful people.
But It's slowly creeping back into my memory... the stereotypical characters that will make their way into the store.
I hadn't yet come across the 'know it all fancy photographer' until today.
Lucky me.
So i can tick him off the list now
*breathes in deep*

Like.. I'm all for answering standard inquiries. But if youre gonna stand there and talk at me and yap on about how GRAND your space photos of stars and space are, and how fancy your camera is, and how you take photos of SPACE ( yes you did mention that already mate) and how you need your
prints to be perfect otherwise the tiny spots on the page wont show... then just. go. away.

-Yes we print photos.
-Yes they should be printed just as you see them on the screen colour wise and all.
-No we do not calibrate our printers to your computers.
-Yes i understand but no we do not calibrate
-Ah yes i see that... I understand why you need calibration.
..the answer is still no

and don't look at me with that annoying wincey face when i say sorry no we can't do that service. Because it does not hold magic powers. I won't suddenly give you the answer you're hoping for.
"HA YEAH WE CAN DO IT! I just wanted to see how long you lasted with me all being full of shit saying 'no', nearly got ya mate!"

YES i do understand you're talking about the colour of the print not the quality of the print. If you just let me finish what i was saying you would understand that i wasn't jumping to conclusions about the quality of your prints.
If you're so god damn special and full of fancy knowledge and know more about my printers than me, why don't you go print your own photos in a dark room in your shed. OR. go to an astronaut lab (they must exist) and get your photos printed there mate HOW ABOUT THAT HUH?
And yes i DO understand what you're saying. stop saying 'no im not saying that i'm saying this' because at the end of all your yapping.. im essentially explaining what I have just told you

THE END
times that situation by 4 and you have my monthly intake of 'sir know a lots'

I hate being a bitch but by golly sometimes i just need to VENT

1 comment:

  1. I feel like over the years its chopped away at me, for times when i had force a smile instead of giving the douchebag the finger. Retail is death.

    ReplyDelete