Friday, January 28, 2011

this is how i do it

Thought i'd share some insight into the brain of katherine jago when it comes to creating my masterpieces of greatness. ahem.
I doodle a lot (hehe) always scribbling away. My thought is if i draw enough weird stupid nonsense,  i'll see something within it and go HAZZA!
And it generally works :) yaey
so yeah i'll scribble on a page. and then i'll be all 'oooh that has a bit o' potential right thur'.





then i'll try and make something of it...
this was the final product from that initial scribble. i drew this fish dude, then scanned it in and flipped it. I used coloured pencil to fill in the fins.. wings?.
I feel like half my drawings are just big flukes! But I'm generally more happy with my flukey work than when i try too hard at achieving something.

No comments:

Post a Comment